Casa Roma – Lazio
Casa Roma – Lazio is located in a beautiful 17th century building, in one of the most fashionable residential streets in North Trastevere. Via degli Orti d’Alibert is one of the quietest and most romantic cul de sac in the heart of Rome, just a few minutes walking distance from San Pietro, Piazza Farnese, Campo dei Fiori, Piazza Navona.
Originally used as artists studio, here painters Giorgio De Chirico and Filippo de Pisis had their own atelier in early twentieth century. They, as well as various other artists through the centuries, depicted the house. In the forties it became the most famous candle factory in town, due also to the adjacency to the Vatican, until the present owners bought it in the early eighties, making it their residential home.
- Entrance door and staircase leading up to Main House, private storage room at street level
- Large eat-in kitchen seating six, opening to its pergola terrace for al fresco dinners for up tp 12
- Formal dining room for 12 seated
- Large living room with french doors opening onto the terraces
- 250 sq. meters (2,700 sq. feet) of terraces
- Fully equipped laundry in a dedicated room.
- Master bedroom (king)
- Large restroom with bathtub and separate WC room
- Walk-in closet accessible through the restroom
- Double bedroom (king) with en-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate walk-in shower
- Double bedroom (king) with en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Small kitchenette with fridge and coffee/tea making facilities.
Air conditioning all-over the house.
Points of interest
Casa Roma is located on top of a non-through road at the foot of the Gianicolo hill. Even though at few steps from the Tiber you won’t hear any traffic noise and you will be able to park your car just in front of the entrance door.
Within 15 minutes walking distance you have the most important art sites in town as St Peter and the Vatican Museums, Castel Sant’Angelo, Piazza Navona, Piazza Farnese and Campo de’ Fiori , San Pietro in Montorio with its Tempietto del Bramante, Santa Maria in Trastevere and many many more. So many that a full week won’t be absolutely sufficient to visit them all. It will take you few minutes as well to reach the top of the Gianicolo hill, right behind casa Alibert, from which you will get the most stunning bird’s eye view on Rome.
If you feel lazy, in less than 10 mins walk you can reach: Botanical Gardens, the most beautiful in town, Villa Corsini, with its stunning gallery and Villa La Farnesina decorated with Raffaello’s frescoes.
Included in the rental
- Fluent English speaking check in rep welcoming the guests and showing them the house
- General upkeeping of the premises
- Final cleaning
- Weekly bed and bath linen change for stays longer than one week.
- House heating and air conditioning
- Electricity & Gas
- Water from the mains
- Wi-Fi throughout the house
- SAT TV (mainly in English)
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry
- Parking facilities
To be reimbursed at check-out
Any potential damages
Top 3 best tours and experiences near Casa Roma – Lazio:
❖ Luxury Gourmet Food and Wine Transfer- Rome to Florence
❖ Gladiator School – Learn to be a gladiator in Ancient Rome!
❖ Original Rome Walk: Private Rome Tour