8 Bedrooms – Sleeps 19
Located on top of a hill with a broad view over Val d’Orcia, Villa Val D’Orcia is surrounded by 3 acres of landscaped garden. The terraces for alfresco dining are paved with stones from the piazza in Arezzo, and offer amazing views. Adjoining is an outdoor oven and barbecue. There is a heated infinity pool as well as a separate hot tub. The vegetable garden produces delicious fresh produce which guests can freely pick. The 650 sq m house sleeps up to 19 in 8 very spacious bedrooms: 2 twins, 5 doubles and a lofted bedroom containing a sofa bed, a double and two single beds. Full built in air conditioning in each bedroom.
Underfloor heating system in the whole house.
Wi-fi all over the house
Expansive front lawn, perfect for playing and outdoor activities.
Solar Infinity Pool (20 x 4 meters) with Jetstream and vanishing edge. Pool heating by solar panels to have it naturally heated at 28/30°C (82/86°F) in summer and 24-26°C (75/79°F) in mid-seasons, depending on weather. Dedicated boiler can further increase the temperature, if needed. Further panels produce hot sanitary water and provide hot tub heating.
For the 2018 season the pool has been converted into a saltwater system, meaning no more free chlorine needed to be poured daily in order to maintain it clean. No more damages to your hair, dry skin, swimsuits fading, nasty smell. Sun beds and lounge chairs placed strategically around the pool.
Lower terrace with vegetable garden.
Outdoor living room with casual seating and pergola.
Outdoor dining terrace sheltered by a thatched roof and vine pergola with professional built-in brick oven, fireplace/grill and sink.
Large laundry room with professional washing machines and mangle
Dedicated parking area
Automatic remote controlled entrance gate
- Entrance hall to corridor with two doorways to outdoor living and dining rooms. Staircase to first floor.
- Guest’s laundry room (washing machine and dryer).
- Kitchen accommodates up to twelve people. Double door opens to front drive.
- Dining room with built-in buffet comfortably seats houseful. Open doorways to kitchen.
- Large living room with fireplace and seating for 16. Desk and bookshelves with flat-screen TV with satellite and DVD, VCR, CD player. Double doors open to lawn and dining terrace.
- Guest bathroom.
- Empire bedroom: Double bedroom (king) with en suite bath (open shower stall).
- External bedroom: twin bedroom (can become double) with walk-in shower. Private entrance to alfresco living room.
- Master bedroom suite (king) with walk-in closet.
- Divided en suite bath with shower room (hip stone carved tub, wall-mounted shower) and separate W.C.
- Lofted bedroom suite: sitting room with sofa bed (full) and SAT TV + multimedia devices. Open stairs lead to loft with double bed (full), plus twins (can combine) on rollers. En suite bath, walk-in shower. Ideal for children, a couple preferring to be near their child, or a nanny with children.
- North bedroom: Double bedroom (king) with walk-in closet and en suite bath (tub with wall mounted shower).
- Corner bedroom: Double bedroom (king) with en suite bath (small tub with wall-mounted shower, high sides).
- Tower Bedroom: Twin bedroom with en suite bath, tub with wall-mounted shower.
- Amiata bedroom: Second master suite (king) with separate bath (tub with wall-mounted shower, separate W.C.)
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Grocery store, restaurants, farm shops with local products as pecorino cheese, wine, beer, extra virgin oil, fruit&vegetables: within 5 minutes driving distance.
- Open air markets, supermarkets, wine merchants, and any kind of shop in the surrounding towns at 15 to 30 minutes.
- Railway station (CHIUSI -CHIANCIANO TERME) with trains leading to Rome and Florence: 25 minutes.
- Florence Airport 1 hour and 30; Rome Fiumicino Airport 2 hours, Pisa Airport 2.5 hours. Private jets, also fly into Siena Airport (1 hour) and some airlines to Perugia Airport (1.5 hours).
- Celebrated Tuscan hill towns as Montalcino, S. Quirico, Pienza, Montepulciano at 15 to 30 minutes driving reach. Perugia, Siena and Assisi: 1 hour. Florence 1.5 hours, Rome 2 hours.
- Tennis courts at 15 minutes.
- Golf courses: Lamborghini (9 holes) at half an hour, Castiglion del Bosco: 40 minutes, Golf dell’Ugolino, near Florence: 1 hour.
- Horseback riding facilities: 30 minutes.
- Renown spas boasting hot pools with stunning views and any kind of wellness treatments as Bagno Vignoni, at 15 minutes, in a 13th century village, San Casciano dei Bagni, 40 minutes, Bagni San Filippo with thermal water falls at 10 minutes.
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL
- Fluent English speaking check in rep welcoming the guests and showing them the house
- General upkeeping of the premises
- Final cleaning
- Weekly bed and bath linen change for stays longer than one week.
- House heating and air conditioning
- Electricity & Gas
- Water from the mains
- Wi-Fi throughout the house
- SAT TV (mainly in English)
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry
- Firewood supply for fireplaces & barbecue
- Pool & hot tub heating through solar panels
- Pool and garden maintenance
- Parking facilities
To be reimbursed at check-out:
Extra pool heating through dedicated boilers – this will be charged on consumption at market price.
Any potential damages
SERVICES BY EXTERNAL PROFESSIONS
Additional services to be paid directly to the companies/professionals providing them
- Daily in-depth cleaning, additional bed and bath linen changing, kitchen cleaning and washing up, personal laundry and ironing
- Grocery shopping
- Cooking service
- Guided tours
- Drivers with car
- Cycle rental
- Horse riding
- Any additional concierge service
BOOKING AND RENTAL CONDITIONS
- Options are held for three working days. Booking will be confirmed upon reception of 50% of the rent as booking deposit. The balance should be wired 60 days prior to arrival.
- In case of cancellation by the client, we will do our best to rent the house partly or fully for the cancelled period and, accordingly, refund the money sent deducting 10% administrative fee.
- Rental periods are expected to go from Saturday to Saturday. Guests are expected to arrive after 4 P.M. and to leave before 10 A.M. Different check in times should be agreed at the time of booking. Departure time can be agreed directly with the local house manager.
- Site fee for weddings, parties and events including a number of people exceeding the standard hosting capacity of the house – to be agreed on a case-by-case basis.
Villa Val D’Orcia is located on top of a hill with a broad view over the Val D’Orcia (classified UNESCO World Heritage in 2004) and is surrounded by 3 acres of landscaped garden. The area is located south of the city of Siena. Nearby there are all manner of beautiful hilltop Tuscan villages including Montepulciano, Pienza and San Quirico and further afield day trips can easily be made to Siena, Perugia, Assisi and Florence.
Closest station: Chiusi-Chianciano Terme, Transfer time: 25 minutes by car
Closest international airport: Florence Airport, Transfer time: 1 hour and 30 minutes by car.
Other airports nearby: Some airlines and private jets also fly into Perugia Airport, Transfer time: 1 hour and 30 minutes by car